Our GoToMeeting Session will start about 15 minutes before 7PM (with a static Powerpoint screen & perhaps music sounds so you can test your setup).
Please log on before the 7PM meeting to confirm you can see the intro slide. The meeting will start on time!
The meeting WILL MAKE USE OF SHARED SCREENS so to view the meeting properly we recommend logging on with a PC, MAC, or tablet or phone with high resolution graphic screen. If attending by phone you will not be able to see the presentation, slides, or other shared information.
The Agenda for the upcoming meeting is below for your reference.
Walter A Kammer Chairman, Planning Board Town of Colden
PLANNING BOARD Serving COLDEN, NEW YORK
Agenda – Planning Board Special Meeting – 6 May 21 7PM
NOTE: Due to COVID19 and Closure of Town Hall this meeting will ONLY be held using Virtual online GoToMeeting tools, there is no presence at Town Hall.
– Call to Order
– Roll Call
– Item Deferred till Regular May Meeting – Approval of Minutes 20 April November 2021 Regular Meeting
– Main Goals of Tonight’s Planning Board Meeting: Due to the nature of the virtual meeting efficiency we will limit our actions for this meeting to:
(1) Final Planning Board duties and actions with respect to a Change of Use (CoU) applications by The Broadway Group for 8680 State Rd. Actions will include duties associated with Zoning §108-116.C which requires the PB to consider any site plan review impact could be triggered by a variance/wavier decision by the Colden Zoning Board of Appeals for our Final Site Plan Review decision(s). The Colden ZBA processed the applicant’s request for relief on the number of proposed parking spots at the development site. The referral to the ZBA on this matter was recommended by the Planning Board during our deliberations at the PB’s April 2021 Regular Meeting and documented as such. Therefore, the ZBA’s granted relief will be considered during tonight’s Special Meeting. Additionally, the PB will consider the most recent submissions by the applicant, as agreed between the PB Chairman and the Applicant’s representative, after the recent Public Comment Sessions called by the Town Board on 4/22/21. Prior deliberations and decisions by the Planning Board will not be repeated or modified during this meeting. However, based upon the review of the Applicant’s submissions, and other factors, the PB may consider new topics for inclusion in our final recommendation. We will also formally review the Applicant’s courtesy changes/improvements to the site plan. These include removal of the large pole mounted sign and its replacement with an attractive low profile pedestal mounted sign near ground level, and additional landscape plantings along the southern property line. The PB will also informally discuss our general personal preferences for the final gabled façade building color scheme and design by members considering the two-color options offered (after prior PB deliberations) for the site. These include a lighter colored shiplap siding vs. a darker colored board and batten style siding, the lower brick decorative façade, and our individual preferences for “window shutter” colors as well as the “window awning” colors. The color/motif decision will be deferred to the Town Board, but the PB’s general personal preferences will be offered. At the conclusion of these deliberations and discussions the PB will vote to ratify/modify items passed during our April 2021 meeting. This will form our final decision. Since the PB scope for this special meeting is limited, there will be no new PB requests under our authority in §108-114; furthermore the Applicant’s requirements for site plan review data, as identified in §108-115, will be determined to be complete for PB action. The Planning Board will take action on the Applicant’s CoU per §108-115 and formalize the points, conditions, and suggested TB considerations, into our Advisory Recommendation to the Colden Town Board via motion and vote.
(2) No additional new or old business will be discussed.
-Final Post-ZBA Decision Planning Board Duties, and also consider Applicant’s Final Submissions (since our April 2021 PB Meeting) for The Broadway Group Change of Use Application dated 9Nov20 for the construction of a Dollar General retail establishment at 8680 State Road.
The Planning Board will execute our duties, per the “Main Goals” section above for the processing of the applicant’s Change of Use application.
– Old Business: Due to the nature of our virtual meeting we will cover Old Business at a subsequent Planning Board Regular Monthly Meeting date.
– New Business:
• Formal new Town business: Since this is a Special Meeting of the PB, no other actions will be considered and none which required actions were identified for this special meeting, and none were referred to the Planning Board by Code Enforcement, the Town Board, or the Town Clerk, as requested agenda items.
• Other Such Matters As May Come Before the Board after this Agenda was published.