Hunting Licenses:

All hunters may obtain a hunting or fishing license in the Town Clerk's Office. You will need to bring your driver's license or previous hunting or fishing license and if you are a first time hunter, you need to bring your certificate from all courses you attended.

For additional information, visit the DEC website: "NYS Department of Environmental Conservation"

How to obtain dog licenses:

The Town Clerk's Office acts as the issuing agent of licenses for dogs in the Town of Colden. All dogs require a license at the age of four months. In order to license your dog, you will need:

*Proof of rabies vaccination.
*Certification from a licenses veterinarian if the dog is spayed/neutered.

The fees for licensing a dog are:
$5.00 for a spayed or neutered dog.
$13.00 for a unspayed or unneutered dog.

How to obtain a marriage license:

Marriage licenses can be applied for at the Town Clerk's Office. Both parties must be present and have the following:

*Proper photo identification; either a driver's license, non-driver ID card, passport or military ID.
*Birth certificate.
*Proof of end of all previous marriages.

The fee for a marriage license is $40. The license is not valid for 24 hours and is valid for sixty days.


Town of Colden • PO Box 335 • 8812 State Road • Colden, NY • 14033 • (716) 941-5012
Email questions, comments or corrections to Webmaster